- Prep Time: More Than Three Hours
- Yields: 6-8
- Skill level: Easy
- 8 short ribs
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 sweet onions, such as Vidalia, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds maitake mushrooms (hen-of-the-woods mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper, plus more for seasoning
Heat oven to 300 degrees.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large ovenproof heavy-bottomed pot with a tight fitting lid. Add short ribs and brown on all sides over medium-high heat. Remove short ribs to a plate.
Add onions, carrots, celery, salt and pepper to the pot. Cook over medium-low heat until vegetables are golden brown and tender. Return short ribs to pot with vegetables. Add stock to pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cover with lid.
Place pot in oven and cook for 4 hours.
Before serving, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add maitake and cook until tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
The recipe comes from Bravo's official website.