Episode 7: Restaurant Wars - One Night OnlyEdit
Premiere: January 19, 2011 The chefs must open “one night only” restaurants in New York City.
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs go to the kitchen of noted seafood restaurant, Le Bernardin for a knife skills challenge, butchering and cleaning whole fish. After being judged by Anthony Bourdain and Justo Thomas, the top four chefs must compete in a 45 minute cookoff using only the remaining pieces of the cleaned fish: eyes, organs, cheeks, collars, fins, and tails.
- Top: Dale T., Marcel, Mike, Richard
- Bottom: Antonia, Carla, Fabio, Tiffany
- WINNER: Dale T. (Bacon Dashi with Salt Roasted Cod Collar; Fluke Back Fin Sashimi with Cucumber and Fluke Liver Sauce)
- Elimination Challenge: The ten chefs are formed into two teams, lead by Dale T. and his chosen opponent: Marcel. Team "Bodega" (Executive chef: Dale) and Team "Etch" (Executive chef: Marcel) must create "pop-up" restaurants for one night only, with the best restaurant selected by the diners.
- Bodega: Carla, Dale T., Fabio, Richard, Tre
- Etch: Angelo, Antonia, Marcel, Mike, Tiffany
- WINNING TEAM: Bodega
- WINNER: Richard (Raw Tuna Belly and Fried Chicken Skin with Chilies and Lime; Chicken Fried Codfish, Brussels Kraut and Ginger Beer). He wins $10,000.
- ELIMINATED: Marcel (Roasted Monkfish with Kalamata Olives, Peperonata, and Parsley; Duo of Peaches: Unripened Peach and Sweet Peach with Coconut Foam and Powder)
- Guest Judge: Justo Thomas (Quickfire Challenge), Ludo Lefebvre (Elimination Challenge)