Episode 13: Fit for a King Edit
Premiere: March 9, 2011
The chefs cook for Bahamian Royalty with minimal cooking equipment.
- Quickfire Challenge: The remaining chefs compete in a culinary duel against the Top Chef from their season. Each season's chefs are given a mystery ingredient selected for them by Tom Colicchio, which they must share. The chefs have 40 minutes to create a dish featuring their ingredient. Each winner (indicated in bold) wins $10,000. Stephanie, going up against two competitors from her season, is eligible to win up to $20,000.
- Elimination Challenge: The chefs must create meals for the King of Junkanoo with limited cooking equipment. Further complicating the challenge is a kitchen fire that forces them to start from scratch, affording them the opportunity to rework their dishes.
- WINNER: Mike (Sous Vide Chicken, Mushrooms, Yams, Lobster Sauce, and Lobster Hash)
- ELIMINATED: Carla (Fried Pork Medallion with Sweet Potato Purée, Apple Sauce, and Apple Chip)
- Guest Judge: Eric Ripert (Quickfire and Elimination Challenges)