Episode 11: For the GulfEdit
Premiere: February 23, 2011
- Quickfire Challenge: The chefs must prepare a Southern-style dish with a deep-fried element.
- Top: Antonia, Richard, Mike
- Bottom: Carla, Dale T.
- WINNER: Mike (Fried Chicken Oysters with Mustard Gravy and Oyster Liquor). He wins $5,000. While judge Paula Deen felt Antonia's the best dish, due to a technicality (Antonia neglected to plate two servings) Mike was declared the winner.
- Elimination Challenge: The chefs must cater a charity benefit for the Greater New Orleans Foundation, an organization that provides assistance to fisheries and tourism impacted by the BP oil spill. Six previously eliminated contestants from this season are paired with a Gulf Coast seafood. The chefs must then choose a pair of an ingredient and an assistant.
- WINNER: Richard (Crispy Gulf Snapper with Pulled Pork and Citrus Grits). He wins a trip to Barbados.
- ELIMINATED: Dale T. (Amberjack Stew with Andouille Sausage and Potatoes, Creole Mustard Crouton)
- Guest Judge: Paula Deen (Quickfire and Elimination Challenges), John Besh (Elimination Challenge)